Living By A Planner

Hello, friends.

It has been quite a month. My body is not totally healed yet, but I did somehow miraculously acquire a job that will allow me to afford to live on my own (barely, but it's fine). I signed up for the SCBWI NYC conference in this upcoming February which I am not totally prepared for but I'm getting there. Kind of. I was able to visit home for Christmas which I have not been able to do for three years. It's good to be back. I've missed it.

A real step forward in my life is keeping a planner, and keeping it up to date regularly (imagine that!). I didn't buy a fancy planner (although I thought about it) but I decided to use a notebook with lined paper that I got for super cheap and just make my own weekly chart for every other page or so. In between I have lists and other things I write down. I like to think of this book as my collection of organic brain boxes. I also stopped drinking coffee regularly and have been going to bed pretty early most nights. I think a part of it has been having to live with someone else and abide by their way about things. At first I was slightly concerned, but things fell into place quite naturally and were a lot less difficult than I initially expected. Thankfully though, I will be moving into my own place pretty soon!



I actually managed to write my children's story about Chance the Fairy Godmother on the regular for the past few weeks. Albeit only 30 minutes per weekday but still- much more than I have in the past. I still haven't been able to draw super regularly because of the tendonitis in my arms, but typing has become a bit easier.

I know certain family members will be severely disappointed that a certain somebody and I won't be engaged over the holidays but they're just gonna have to deal with it. Patience is a virtue, as I have had to experience in multitudes this year. I'm sure I will continue to learn it in 2020.

Comments

Popular Posts