BYEEEEEEEEEEE~

 Hello Reader,

Every time I write on this blog it's been a hot minute but here we are. Again. And that's okay!

A few days ago was my last day at my toxic workplace. Yesterday was my first day being a full-time freelance illustrator. Do I have any jobs lined up? Not quite, and that's okay. Why? I am taking this time to build my portfolio because yes, at the moment, we can afford to and it will be okay. It is a little scary but I have faith in myself as well as in the Lord that it will all work out.

And it's been good so far. Today I may have woken up late, but I accomplished what I needed to accomplish and I'm working ahead of schedule. I knew that I needed to plan well in advance what I would need to work on as well as figure out just how many pieces I could handle within a month. I have 6 pieces in mind and I am excited about it! 

Thumbnails of the first 3 are worked out to the finals and it looks good so far, like, I am actually feeling confident about what I can accomplish each week. Granted, my husband has been working from home the past two days and tomorrow that will not be the case so with the house to myself I am not sure how my motivation stay on top but I have my alarms set, or rather, my "nudges". I have a general schedule set up for my ADHD brain because otherwise I know I will get stuck on this, that, or the other thing. Plus, my arm is not in the best shape so I can't overdo it.

Anyway, I am excited to work on what I have been wanting to work on since I graduated college. An actual children's book illustration portfolio. I will let you know when I have my 6 pieces finished and uploaded!

Comments

Popular Posts