#Adulting #Goals

My Dearest Readers,

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, things have been a-happen'.

I finally got my new bike all assembled and adjusted thanks to a very helpful boyfriend and couple of cycling friends of mine who were beyond generous with their time and kindness AND I've started packing!
I finally found a new place to live - but that didn't stop me from doing a greeting card for July! This month's card was inspired by my co-worker, who decided it was finally time to move on (she had been working at the frame shop for 5 years already).

Although where I am moving to is a slight bit further away from my job and is significantly further away from grocery stores / catholic churches, I am not too concerned because it's about an 8 minute walk to the metro station. Things will certainly be more challenging and time consuming, I will have to do a lot more strategizing each week, but I'm hoping it will motivate me to finally get a car. I have been thinking about getting one for a while now but I've never seriously researched because everything was within walking distance for me. Now things will not so much be within walking distance and I honestly could afford to keep a car with the rent I will be paying! The next step is researching and saving more money... Hopefully before next July I will have a car of my own. #goals

It's quite a bewildering feeling, sitting here in my room knowing that my life here in this house will be coming to an end so soon. I've never been so pleased with a roommate arrangement (I know I've had some communication issues with a certain roommate but regardless of that) and now I will be moving into a house with people I don't really know who aren't necessarily Catholic. I know for a fact that one of my future housemates is in fact not Catholic, which doesn't bother me, it's just, there are so many things that can be left unsaid when you all believe in the same things. It will certainly be an adventure - I AM looking forward to finally having my own room. I haven't really experienced that since before I started college. I hope to be less cluttered, but old habits die hard.

I suppose this means I need to do an illustration of my new house, since I did one of my current one, and framed it. I think that would be a fun project, as long as I don't have to move every year! I'm tired of doing that. I'm also tired of walking into what feels like someone smothering me with a heavy hot damp blanket every day. DC summers are awful.

Comments

Popular Posts