When Jesus Insists On You Following Your Dreams

Last week I started something I've been wanting to do for a couple of years:

I'm making my own greeting card line, specific to my style, sense of humor, and my faith. I recognize I likely will not profit too much from it monetarily but if it means I'm going to continue adding to my portfolio each month... worth it! ( I really am an illustrator, guys)

Here were the steps that went down:


  1. I sketched out 3 ideas for a Valentine's card
  2. Shared on social media my process
  3. Completed one illustration 
  4. Researched printing places in the area
  5. Researched printers that I cannot afford
  6. Created an Etsy account (CellasCards)
  7. Ordered a rubber stamp and ink for my logo to put on the back of my cards
  8. Bought a planner, envelopes for the cards and for shipping
  9. Used Photoshop and Illustrator to edit card design
  10. Went to a printing place to get 10 prints
  11. Picked up said prints
  12. Left said prints on the train
  13. Retrieved said prints from a good Samaritan who picked them up and called me because my number was on the envelope, a True Miracle
  14. Praised the Lord Almighty Jesus, he obviously thinks my business is a good idea
  15. Trimmed cards and took photos of them to put on Etsy
  16. Shared the link on social media


And I've sold 7 of the 10 cards so far! Thankfully the printing place printed a few extra so I could put a few for sale in the shop where I work, but I was really taken aback by how many people were interested. Delighted, but surprised. I'm excited to create more for next month, perhaps for the feast day of St. Patrick and/or St. Joseph.

In other news, January was quite the ride into the new year. My bicipital tenonitis is slowly lessening, although today my neck is SUPER tight. My dad was cleared to finally go home after 100 days from his bone marrow transplant - a bittersweet goodbye. I was extremely grateful I was able to be here for my parents as they went through the adventure, but I know they are even more grateful to finally sleep in their own bed after not having slept in it for about 4 months or so.

I miss them already.


Comments

Popular Posts