Vote for Tau!

Hello readers,

I am currently suffering from a cold that built up gradually over the week and of course it's the worst on my days off. It's okay though, I am still making art. Nearly last minute decided to enter a pet portrait contest to win some good art supplies, and I finished my greeting card for next month!

You may know I do not have any pets to make portraits of but my friends do and one of my friends has a very fluffy cat that I decided to paint.

I painted her on 7 x 5 in. aquaboard and I felt pretty proud of myself after I completed it. I don't normally paint animals but hey, for over 400 dollars worth of art supplies? Yeah, I'll paint. Be sure to vote for Tau every 24 hours and tell all of your friends to vote for her too because right now I have very few votes compared to many of the other portraits! I don't expect to win, but it would sure be nice to have some fancy new art supplies to try out.

Here is the link: https://www.dickblick.com/landing/petportraits2018/

Search Tau and you will find her!

Anyway, something to appreciate: it's been about a year and a half since I've been living in the DC area, and about 6 months since I started my job as a custom picture framer and I am already catching myself randomly job searching for the future.

I have tried before to become many things I am not because I need a salary job if I want to move or have a better living arrangement (i.e. have health benefits with said job). I don't like doing graphic design, but I may have to become one. It would be cool to go into textile design, but it's much more challenging than I anticipated. No one is going to pay me to do what I would rather do, which is basically do my own personal journalistic illustraiton, or write my own stories, write my own blog, etc. It's hard to do what you want to do while also doing a job you'd rather not do, and balance both in a healthy way.

I will contine to try, though.


Comments

Popular Posts