One Cannot Simply ~Go To The Post Office~

Hello my dedicated readers,

I'd like to apologize for the lack of blog posting that has been happening the past month. A lot has been going on, such it is with life and all that. You deserve some updates!

I am still an illustrator, in case you had a fear that I somehow switched my interest to engineering or something. I just finished a commission that is a bit overdue since I got sick a couple weeks before Christmas and then had no time else to work on it (alas), but it is done, and now all I have to do is mail it, which is harder than you might think.

I do not have a car so I cannot simply ~go to the post office~. I will have to wake up extra early Wednesday morning to hop on the metro down one stop, walk to the post office when it opens, find the right packaging and write down the addresses needed, mail it, and then walk back to the metro, wait for the train to get on a second train to go to work, because I can't exactly just walk into the post office on my lunch break. There is a post office relatively close to my work but I'd have to either go before work or during my lunch, but then I wouldn't really get to eat anything since I only have about 30 minutes to eat lunch, and I can't do it next week because I need to send it so my commissioner receives it by the 8th. Living without a personal vehicle requires plenty of planning in advance which I've gotten into a habit of not doing.

However, 'tis a new year! I hope you've figured out your new year's resolutions, I've certainly come up with a few, but each one is in a separate category. I like making lists that way, it helps me organize the way I think. One of those things is to Make More Art! Especially more of my own art. I want to really razzle dazzle up my portfolio full of things that will impress publishers but also speak for who I am and my artistic style. I'd like to finish a book to send to a publisher as well, but we shall see.

Of course I want to regularly write in this blog, so I will be more diligent, rest assured. There are many things I'd like to tell you about that I haven't gotten around to the past month but for now this post is a reminder that I am still alive and also promise I will keep writing.



Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

-The Enigmatic Illustrator


Comments

Popular Posts