Storms Arising and Settling In

Well it's official, I have been living in my new place for a whole month. My housemates and I have shared a couple of meetings, we finally worked out a chore system, I'm getting more and more comfortable in my new job (which I've been working for a little over a month now!), and much of our house problems have been fixed (namely, the doorknobs and downstairs toilet..).


While I still need a desk and chair, shelves, my bicycle's front brakes fixed, I feel like I have my life in order!

Right now all of these chipper moments of mine seem so miniscule compared to the thousands of people in affected by the devastation of Hurricane Harvey, but I'm not letting any storms bring me down. I need to start storm of my own... a brainstorm, that is. An uprising of passion! A stirring of excitement and inspiration!

Yes. Natural disasters are more than unsettling, and internal storms hanging over the edge cause more sea sickness than I would like, but I have to remember there are good storms as well, storms that I can cultivate and nuture that will flood the gates of inspiration and spread contagious passion. I can feel the ideas listening to my heart and realizing the door is open to them, that they are fully welcome to come right in and work with me to create wonderful things.


I'm ready.

Comments

Popular Posts